Saturday, May 21, 2016

Marathon training


I have started my training for my 8 mile trail run and 1/2 marathon. I don't run in the winter so this is usually the time I get started.

When I set out on a run I don't always have a plan on how far I will run. It all depends on my time available to run and just how I am feeling. I ended up running 7 miles today. It's only the second time this season that I have ran. The first time was 4 miles.

I am pretty impressed that I was able to make it the 7 miles. One more mile and I will be where I need to be at for the trail run.

I know running can be rough on my joints and my body.. but I just love it so much. I love running outdoors. I am an oddball. I love the sun beating down on me. I love being around other runners and noticing them. I feel if they can do it. I can do it. I just love taking in the view. Today, I seen a lady riding her bike with a dog in the basket.

Where I run quite a bit of my view is the river. It doesn't get much better than that.

On Sunday, I will run with my girlfriend Leah. We will do the half marathon together. I am looking forward to it.

No comments: