Monday, January 26, 2015

Birthmom's retreat


I have signed up for a retreat for birthmothers that is ran by birthmombuds! It's in May! I am pretty excited about this next adventure that is planned for me. We have a lot to get worked out to make this trip actually happen. It's in North Carolina. It happens to be actually a few hours away from Izzy lives.. It's a 12 hour drive for us but that doesn't include any stops.
I have anziety about traveling and can't travel great distances on my own. My husband has offered to drive me. We most likely will get a rental car. I believe the biggest hurdles will be finacing the trip but tax time should actually make this not really a big deal. Our other major hurdles will be who will stay with my son. I asked his Dad and he is actually planning a trip at the same time. We can't bring him with us because we expect to be gone about 4 days and two of them are school days. It was suggested we ask my ex mother n law but then their is the issue of how my son will get to school and back.

I will be staying in a hotel room during the retreat so I will have to put my husband up too.. so in some ways this will be a getaway for us because I of course will be sharing the room with him. Our other really big issue is our pets. We have 2 dogs, 3 cats, one turtle, one bunny and fish. We are debating boarding the dogs but that's gonna run at least 100 per dog.. but we don't know who we can trust to come in and take care of them.

The least of our problems is probably getting the time off work but I have yet to put in a request.

I just am thrilled at the idea of the chance to connect with other birthmoms and be around others that have experienced the same sadness and struggles that I have over the years. I am even more excited that my husband is willing to drive me all the way there. Let's just hope we can pull everything off.

4 comments:

Rebekah said...

That's so cool that your hubby gets to go with you. That makes it even more fun!!

Janine said...

Very exciting! Praying everything falls into place for you!

Heather said...

I hope it happens for you!

birthmothertalks said...

Thanks everyone, I am hoping we can pull everything off to make this trip possible.. going to start with putting in a time request off work then work on the other issues.