Saturday, October 18, 2014

Weekend getaway


I am going away on a retreat for Mom's with special needs tonight!! I am so excited! I wish there was a retreat for birthmom's close by to me! I think that would be an awesome thing to do. I have heard of one but it would involve planes and more money I have to spend and I don't travel well.

This is my 3rd or 4th year year going. I have lost track. I look forward to it each year at the end of the summer.

This year I suggested we do a clothing exchange and I have a huge box of clothes to bring. I hope others bring stuff too. It should be fun! I agreed to take everything to the goodwill that doesn't find a new home. but I believe one of the Mom's has a yard sale every year thru her church to help raise funds for her son's care so I might just save the leftovers for that.


Here is a most recent picture of my son! He will be staying an extra weekend with his Dad!


I plan on taking a little bit of a diet and logging break of my calories while I am gone but hopefully not by too much. They do the cooking and mostly serve us so the option to pig out isn't really a big option. They do tend to have little candies laying around but also fruit too.

I plan on getting a workout in before I leave and hopefully a little walk while I am there and then I will be home in time on Sunday to get my workout in. I am so close to my weight loss goal but the scale keeps teasing me.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

No comments: