Friday, September 5, 2014


Tomorrow is the big day! I came up with a quick idea for a gift that shouldn't set me back too much and seems like a better idea for now. I still might throw together the cookbook but only when I can do it in a way that I would be proud of it.

I am going to make them a gift basket of goodies... starting with some homemade bread.. probably bannna bread or zucinni bread and then pile a little fruit and snaacks for them. This is my best idea that I can do and afford. I hope they will like it.

I am pretty nervous about going to the recception. It's going to be so odd. I wonder what Izzy thinks about me being there? Inviting me and me showing up are two different things.. and I wonder what her parents are feeling about it? Do they know we are showing up? I wonder will they judge us or welcome us with open arms? Will they speak to me like they have to justify why Izzy was best with them or why they didn't keep the promises I believe were spoken or will they say they were sorry for how things happened?

Or will all the negative stuff be like a elephant in the room? Or will all the negative stuff float away as we celebrate the wedding of our daughter and her new husband?

3 comments:

Pam said...

I just sent you some emails. I am writing here just so you can connect me with them.

Janine said...

I am praying tomorrow will be a new beginning for you all and the first step towards a quality relationship. Just think how much easier the years to come will be once you are all over this first hurdle. Praying for peace for you!

birthmothertalks said...

Thanks a bunch. Hope tomorrow does lead us to happier times and a better understanding that neither one of us are threats.