Sunday, July 27, 2014


My last post I revealed that I am invited to Izzy's and her fiance's wedding reception! There is the issue of taking off from work or showing up at noon and leaving by 130 or 2pm at the latest.. Then the issue of an wedding gift.. I have no idea on what to get them. They have been living together quite some time now. There is also the issue of her birthday is coming up.

All the above is small stuff compared to the fact that I will come face to face with Izzy's parents soon!! I really don't know what to expect from my emotions. Will it be like seeing a long lost friend and everyone cries? or will it be a lot of jealousy and akwardness between us that we each secrettly wish we were anywhere else but standing in front of each other. Or will it be like this is my corner and this is their corner and we don't really speak to each other?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so nervous for you! Excited nervous. I'm a birthmother not, unfortunately, in reunion, but have thought about what a family gathering like that would be like. Your daughter seems to be a pretty sensitive person and wouldn't invite you if she thought you wouldn't be welcomed by her adoptive family. Can't wait to hear how it goes.

birthmothertalks said...

Thanks. I hope it all goes well. I think because we have been in reunion a few years that this will help both of us to be ready for meeting.

Unknown said...

I think it will go well. I think if there was a problem than Izzy would not have invited you. Go, take lots of pictures, and I bet you have a great time.

As for the gift... a beautiful silver frame is always nice

birthmothertalks said...

Thanks for the suggestion on a silver frame. I am glad I have a little time still.