Monday, July 15, 2013

Renting college books!!


Recently both of my sister's managed to graduate from College. I am very thrilled for them. I know they worked hard and sacarficed time and money to furthur their education. I know one thing that they mentioned on a few occasions was the cost of the books they purchased for their classes and then the low amount that the school's will buy them back for if they even do so at all. I know their situation is pretty common problem with college students.

I am sure in some classes it's nice to retain the book but wouldn't it be great to save some money and not have the books just sitting and collecting dust.

I discoved this cool website that will rent books to you for college. You can check them out by visiting their website here

A couple neat things that they offer is free shipping back and forth and I think it's neat that they allow you to highlight in the books as if you owned them.

I like how this businss is giving back to those in need and this is another reason why I wanted to mention them on my blog.

2013 is a new year, with a mix of old and new in our making a difference program. First off, they have partnership with Operation Smile. They are an awesome organization that performs life changing cleft lip surgeries on children whose families could not otherwise afford it. The long term improvement in quality of life for the children that receive these surgeries is almost incomprehensible. We’re honored to support the children of Operation Smile.

They have also set aside $90,000 in textbook scholarships to be distributed to students in communities just like yours. That’s a lot of books, and they hope to touch a lot of students who could use a hand.

So when you spend your dollars with this company and save money.. you are helping others who need help.

I just heard about this company and wish I knew something about this from when I stepped my foot in the door at college. I remember trying to sell the expensive books back to the college and just keeping them due to the crazy low amount they offered me.

I believe a company that offers rental books could make some difference in people actually be able to obtain their college degree. I have seen students struggle in school because they can't afford to pay for the books that they need for the class.

So if your going to college or know anyone make sure they are aware of this company doing book rentals.

No comments: