Sunday, July 28, 2013

New jobs


My husband started training for his new job today. It took some juggling of rides, babysitters and again rides coming home.

It's going to be a challenge to make it work due to the distance and the babysitter issue.

Today, my son's father and stepmom babysat him. He is officially not paying support as of right now and he let it slip that he "would be working" when I dropped Stephen off. I asked " so you have a job?" He said, "it's a temp job" I left it at that due to us needing babysitting.

I am torn to do anything with this information. I don't know how many days he is working or what the situation is. Maybe, he will send payment. One could always hope that he will do what is right and send some money even if it's twenty bucks here and there. I have back to school stuff to think about and it won't be cheap getting him back to school.

His wife works for the schools too and I know she is working part time so only partial checks for part of the summer and then no money.

We are only a month away from school starting and I really don't want to think about the school stress but that is when Dad goes back to work. So most likely, I won't do anything and let him hang himself or not hang himself. He will owe for the weeks he didn't pay.

Alex started his new job this week!! I feel so much better just knowing he will have somewhat of a way to support himself. I think he felt weird about it being McDonald's but there is no shame in that.. Especially not in a young person like him..Now if I am 29 umm mean 37 years of age and working at McDonald's running the drive thru then maybe I would admit to being ashamed of it.

1 comment:

Leah said...

I totally agree. There is no shame in your son working at McDonald's. It is an honest living that will help him get to the next stage of his life.

So sorry to hear about your child support issues. His father really show help support him. I get that he doesn't have a lot of money, but it is his child as well. So difficult.