Thursday, June 13, 2013


Yesterday, I hooked up with the running club! I let them know that I was a new runner and when I learned that they go off the bike path that I didn't have a sence of direction. There was only a total of five runners and all of them were faster than me. I couldn't keep up no matter how hard I tried to do it. Even the thought of getting lost couldn't get me to run at their speed or stop me from stopping to get more of a breath.

I have ran 5k so I am thinking the heat did me in. The other people were so nice though. Before they would turn a corner they would wait for me and cheer me on. Mostly, I ran on my own cause they ran ahead of me. However, at different times, the women hung back with me. I felt bad like I was holding them back.

At one point, I told one girl, that I thought I was going to get sick. Luckily it passed and I was able to continue to run bits and peices of it.

We even got caught in the rain which did cool me off some. All the runners except for the one who helped get me back to the Y kept running to do the five mile run. I was so thankful to the girl who stayed with me cause I really can't find my way around. I didn't even have my phone with me.

I came home and dinner was going late and I ended up feeling pretty poor.

At the moment, I am thinking I will try the group a few more times before I decide if it's not for me. I do think I want to figure out a way to have my cell phone on me.

Good news is that when I stepped on the scale that I seen a new all time low. I am down a total of 69 lbs!! I am so close to under 200lbs!! I can't wait to leave the 200's behind me.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Good for you for sticking with it! It sounds like it was probably the heat that did you in.

I ordered a small fanny pack thing for when I go running. It's smaller than a fanny pack, but it's big enough for a cell phone and some money. It was well worth the money to have my cell phone with me in case I ever get lost.

Keep up the amazing work! You look great in all the pictures you've posted lately!

birthmothertalks said...

Thanks. I will look into getting something similar so I can be prepared to call for help should I have a problem.