Saturday, November 17, 2012

weekend


My son Stephen has gone about a month without a major meltdown. This is huge. His father was suppose to be home from driving truck to surprise him but ended up getting another load. Good thing it was a "surprise" He doesn't know anything different.
I am going to be really curious of Stephen throws a huge fit after this weekend.

He is getting dropped at the Church Sunday early due to the one I babysit for having Thanksgiving lunch. So, hopefully, things will go smoother as he will have a little bit of downtime before we ask him to do his homework and become the mean ones again.

However, we had to let Alex know about the surprise cause no way would he be willing to go with his stepmother for the weekend if Dad wasn't home. So we told Alex about the surpise and had to undo the damage.

My ex told me thanks for understanding. I think he is telling the wrong person. It doesn't matter how I feel. It matters how his children feels.

It's unlikely he will be home for Alex's 18th birthday. I don't know if this new job is worth the money. I have yet to go back to court for back support or to raise the child support. He is still in training mode so I thought I would wait it out.

I am not sure how long I can afford to wait it out though because we are pretty sure my current husband's unemployment has just ran out. Well, I am sure. He is in denial.

Alex is hanging around home more now that he hasn't gotten a job. He has a girlfriend and she has been spending most evenings here. She has been eating meals with us or snacking on food. My husband informed me that she ate 2 bananas and an apple today.

I really like her and not sure what to make of me feeding another person. We wonder if someone else is feeding my son on the days he isn't home. However. without a job that's not too far off anymore. Except he isn't always home for dinner. I know a lot of people disagree with my opionion that sooner or later if he continues to waste his dinner that I would learn how to cook for 3 again on some nights.

My husband has talked to my son about birth control ect. I don't know if they are having sex but I can't live in denial that they might be. My husband seemed to think it hit home with my son when he told him that your Mom and Dad were expecting you at this age now.

Thinking about my son getting a girl pregnant and having a baby is a scary thought. I wonder if this is those ah ha moments that Mom's start seeing things thru our parents eyes. I wonder what I would do if my son and her had a baby and didn't have the means to support it?

Would I have the means to support it? If I am wondering if I can afford to feed the girl an apple and two bananas a day.. will I be able to take care of her baby?

Scary thoughts. Not saying I agree with my Mom but it is scary. I think I would do everthing in my power to help but not sure if it could be enough.

In six days, my son is going to be a legal adult. All my parents children except one left before or right at the age of 18. If he doesn't move out and I don't see it happening this is going to be new for me.

I don't mind my son staying on but he needs a job so he can take care of himself and feed his own girl her fruit. She is really polite and cute and I do like her. She eats like a little mouse so it's not too bad. I don't have the heart to tell a child.she can't eat.

My job has been stressful this week. My clients memories are getting worse and the repective questions are more and more. They also say and do funny things and drive me batty. Holidays make things worse for them.

Good news is that I am getting a review on Tuedays so I will probably get a little raise. I hope the .17 cents go a long way. haha

Speaking of work. I am going to actually get some time off on Thanksgiving so that's cool.

No comments: