Friday, November 23, 2012

Shopping with my girl


My daughter came into town and I asked if we could get together. It's one of those things that I don't have the comfidence in knowing that she would always fit us in. When she answered via text that she would have time I almost felt like it was like duh I have time for you.

We had plans to shop and to get a little fast food that was in the same area. My 17 year old soon got a little upset with me and aksed how come you only get to see Izzy? More on that later.

Anyways, I let go of my expecations and tried to accept whatever it was she was willing to give me. I didn't reqest no boyfrind but shopping thing kind of exlcuded him without excluding him.

She showed up on her own and we went to Old Navy first. I had been planning on actually buying clothes but the prices were too good to pass up.

It just felt so natural talking as we shopped and comparing what we liked and didn't like. It was mostly summer clothes so some of it we joked about how her Dad wouldn't let her wear it. She is the one who brought him up. I find it cute she is 21 and he would still tell her if she was exposing too much skin. I notice that when she talks about her Dad that my jealosy radar doesn't kick in.

We both were very cheap in our chosing of clothes so we walked about with some really good bargains.

We went over to Koh;'s and did the same thing except for I only found one thing that I wanted and she bought abour the same amount of clothes from them. I don't know how anyone really buys clothes from both these stores at full price.

After shopping we walked to taco bell and ate lunch there. Our time felt good there too. It was fast food so I didn't set out expecting a whole lot more time with her at this point. We ate and talked about our diet and how we both are addicted to myfitnesspal. I told her what I beleive is my reason for my results and how I try not to refuse myself anything just eat smaller portions. I explained how I have yet to gain any weight back. I don't sweat it if I don't see a loss.

I think she is beautiful!! I hope she takes some of my diet stragies and uses themself herself. I know what I am doing might not work for everyone but I think the mind set is a lot of it.

We didn't talk about my kids too much. The last time I just felt like I was being judged. I don't think she was trying to come off that way but we have so little time together that I just don't want to talk about my children's faults with her.

We were together shortly over 2 hours!! That was huge!! No speed dating!! I didn't walk away sad and feeling unloved.

We did get asked if we were sisters! She piped up that I am her birthmom. I was glad she said that because I don't know how she would feel if I said she was my daughter wihtout futher explanation.

No comments: