Friday, September 28, 2012

Yes. No. Maybe


I went shopping to get some work out pants due to fearing my short shorts would stand out. I came across a workout shirt that said yes. no. Maybe. I had to have it.

It really describes my intial feelings about going to the middle school and doing aumba in the same gym that I had been in as a young teen living a life trying to fit in.

I am excited about the zumbathon and think that will probably keep me focused on other stuff. I can only imagine the energy in the air will be out of this world.

I found a pair of pants that I wanted to go with it and had a hard time justifying the money but the whole thing rang up for only 15 bucks and that included the shirt, pants and 3 pairs of socks.

I haven't been able to find a matching pair of socks all week. I don't know where they go.

I didn't try the clothes on in the store and that's a first for me. I came home and tried them on and my husband didn't look too pleased!! I think he used the words something like you think are hot now!! And I don't want people looking at my wifes butt to read the words. LOL It says Joe Boxer!!

Off the subject of me dancing looking all cute!!

Birthparents, in reunion or not, do you ever feel bad or odd saying something like "i spend the day with my family" or "I cooked dinner for my family" When your child that was placed for adoption isn't with you?

Sometimes, on fb or if I was talking to Izzy. I trip over the word "family" I feel like if I use the word family especially if I am talking to her that it's excluding her as part of the family.

Now, I know that some people may come from big families and their is a difference between how well conntected family is. My parents and brother and sisters are my family. However, mostly in the everyday use of the word "family" it's my husband and two sons.

This has been on my mind for a while now and I wonder if adoptees feel the sting if birthparents say "family" and it's not including them. Sort of how in a small way Izzy wanting to prank "her parents" and gets the rest of us all riled up stings me a little bit.

I guess it's just a sting that probably has to happen. I can't expect her to never say, Parents or Mom, nor can she expect me to never use the term "family"

No comments: