Friday, July 20, 2012

Are you ready for this??


We prepared Alex for his interview by going to the thrift shop for some clothes that would look nice for the interview at the grocery store.

We found some kacki pants his size but couldn't find a shirt so we went over to Kmart and bought him a shirt. We are making him pay for half of the cost due to him being almost grown and when he had money he was blowing it.

We didn't practice much on interview stuff cause it's been so long since I had one that I just didn't know how to practice. I did tell him one of the most important things he can do is be on time. Also, be open to working the weekends.

Are you ready for this??

Zumba!!!

HAHA... The Are you ready for this reminded me of a Zumba song and I had to do it.

He had his interview and he was hired on the spot. He was hired for 15 to 20 hours a week.

I am so excited for this new adventure in his life. This won't be the first time he has felt money in his pocket due to a part time job he had with someone that he worked for that ran his church.

However, I am still counting this as his first job. This isn't a job Mom got for him even though Mom said to apply and to bug the manager to hire you and Mom even had to remind him of what job he applied for. They were looking for baggers so I am assuming that that's the job they hired him for.

I haven't actually talked to him besides texted message because I work all day and late into the night on Thursday. His Dad took him to see the new Batman movie so he isn't home now.

I really hope he takes this job seriously and works hard for them and feels good about earning a paycheck. I really am satsfied with the outcome of the job seaching stuff. I think the only thing that I would change is that I would have him get the job following my weeks vacation that starts one week from today so he can spend time with us doing summer fun stuff. Hopefully, it will work out so he can still join us for our fun days out.

They are suppose to call him this weekend to set up an orientation after they hire one more person.


1 comment:

Wendy said...

That's wonderful -- glad he got the job!!