Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Question


I made personalized coffee cups for Izzy and her boyfriend and filled them with candy. Yummy!! I meant to mail them to her because I love the surprise effect of sending a gift especially if it's not a birthday or holiday. Honestly, I just got too cheap and didn't feel like any of the recent weeks were right to spend the money on shipping and too lazy to stop and mail them. Then, there is the issue of chocolate so I just can't leave them sit in the car to do on the way home from work. I never want to leave early because I spend the morning with Stephen.

My daughter and her boyfriend will be visiting and most likely she will come to Alex's gradation party and we will probably go out to dinner. Do I just give the coffee cups to them while they are here? I have never given her bf anything and don't want to cause a weird face to face meeting besides the one we already had.

Since, I am thinking about that moment, I might as well blog about it. I believe it was only the second or third time I had seen Izzy and we met at Pizza hut and shared a pizza and it was just me Izzy and her boyfriend. While it was the three of us conversation went pretty smoothly but then Izzy went to go use the bathroom.

It was the longest few minutes of my life. The boyfriend and I just kept looking at each other and felt like we should say something but neither one of us had a clue on what to say and that was about all we could say was that we didn't know what to say. I think we each let a giggle escape cause it was so odd.

What would you do? Would you give them to them while they were here? Or wait to send it to get the surprise effect from getting a gift in the mail? Do you think the chocolate will be okay? I suppose I could take the chocolate out of them and freeze them or eat them. Yummy! and get more when I know I am ready to send them.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

I don't think it would be horrible to just give them the gifts in person. My mom once mailed me chocolate and a rat or something got into it and ate it. It was the nastiest thing I've ever seen, PLUS the chocolate was all wrapped up so I don't know how it knew there was chocolate in there. So giving it to them in person gets my vote!

Wendy said...

My vote is for giving them to them when you see them. It's nice to get a surprise gift, and it will be easier since you're seeing them in person.

birthmothertalks said...

Thanks Jen and Wendy, you guys are right it makes sense to give them the gift while I am with them. Jen, I got a little giggle at the image of a rat eating the chocolate. Yummy. Lol