Thursday, May 24, 2012

am I nuts or him?


I learned that on my childrens two day visit with their Dad that they spent one night with the neighbor. She has expressed way too much interest in my son and calls him nephew which makes me sick. I don't know her but I just feel like its wrong for my sons to sleep over at her place. I just ticked off my ex because I tried to talk to him about it. I asked is she going to die trying to save them? Is she going to be aware if my son sleeps walks? My ex tells me I should invite her to lunch and talk to her about my concerns. Hello?? He only has them 4 days out a month. Is it asking too much that he keeps them? It's hot isn't a good enough excuse. I don't want to turn my ac on yet so I will just send my kids to the neighbor. I don't think so. If it's a serious enough problem then the children could just stay home but being hot isn't it.
I am the Mom and I should be the best judge on what my son should be doing and going. He has never done a sleepover. The closest he has came is sleepaway camp and tomorrow he has a lock in at school. Am I right in fact that these things are quite different than just staying with the neighbor. This is the same neighbor that my ex admitted that Alex would go hang out and fall asleep and not come home. What responsabile person is going to let the teen fall asleep and stay asleep and what responsible dad goes to sleep and not knowing that the kid is in safe??? Sorry for venting.

5 comments:

Leah said...

I think you are right to feel concerned! I certainly would. For one, I would be mad because your ex only gets them a few days a month. He should want to spend it with his sons. And the other reason I would be upset is because, who is this woman? Why is she taking so much interest in your kids? Is she safe? Does she have ulterior motives? There are too many people in this world that prey on children. I would of course be nervous and concerned.

The Busters said...

I totally agree with what Leah said! You have every right to be worried!!

birthmothertalks said...

Thanks guys, my oldest son wants to hang out there because he says dad and new wife just watch tv and its boring. I would rather my youngest son doesn't get involved with her but he is going to throw a huge fit if they don't follow the same rules for both boys. My youngest sleep walks sleep talks and its not in his best interest to be there for that reason on top of that I just think she is creepy. My ex just gets defensive when I object to what he does with them. My oldest son doesn't even want to go and not sure if a 17 and half year old can be forced.

Pam said...

I think your ex should just take them for the day if they are looking for a place to sleep.

birthmothertalks said...

I agree with that if there is a reason they shouldn't sleep at his place. I would rather him be up front about living conditions or anything else that could have a negative effect on them.