Sunday, March 4, 2012

Oh no

I dropped my younger son off saturday for a extra visit. It's not really extra since he stays home every saturday to go to tutoring. My older son wanted to hang out with friends so he was allowed to do that. I haven't had a good feeling about the friends that he has met at the alternative school. I wondered if I was making judgments that wasn't fair.

The good news is that the tension between their Dad and me seems to have calmed down.

The bad news is after working my ass off at the Y, I come home to see a police car and my children's father's car in front of my house. The new wife is in the car but Dad isn't.

My first reaction is that step dad and dad got into an heated argument and things went too far.

Not that the police has ever been involved before.

I walk in and I see my current husband, my ex husband and my 17 year old son in my living room. The good news is that no one is pounding on the other and no one is in cuffs.

The bad news is that my son and his friends were caught smoking pot. Luckily, they didn't have pot on him so no drug charges but I am still pissed. And why didn't they cuff him and haul him off to jail. Why are the police handling teens with a little slap on the butt and they go free?

I am furious. I was afraid something like this would happen.

My son is going to be locked in until he gets the GED. If his Dad takes his brother then he is going too. There is no more saying well he is a teen and let him hang with friends.

My husband said the other day how he was nervous about friends being here because if they did drugs or drank we would be in trouble. I was a fool thinking that my son wouldn't do something so crazy. So most likely he won't have friends here either.

2 comments:

Campbell said...

Uh boy...yikes. This never happened to me so all I can say is sorry and good luck in it all.

Leah said...

I'm so sorry. :( Raising teens in this day and age seems so difficult, and I'm thankful that mine are still young, although someday I too will be dealing with this stuff. Thinking of you.