Friday, February 3, 2012

Look again

I am reading a really good book called Look again. Written by Lisa Scottoline. I am half way through this book and I just picked it up yesterday for five bucks. I love it! The story is about an adoptive Mom who gets mail and it's a missing child paper and it looks just like her son she adopted at a year and half. She starts trying to learn more about her child's birth parents and finds out that it's possible that her son and this missing child is one and the same.

It's got me wanting to put out a question to my adoptive parents readers out there. What would you do if you suspected the child you adopted was actually kidnapped? and his family was looking for him?

Would you go looking for the truth or try to forget you ever seen the missing picture about the family that was searching.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

I don't think that I would be able to forget ever seeing the picture. I think that we would need to find out more information and go from there. That being said, I can't imagine the pain on all sides -- the pain experienced by the birthparents, the pain experienced by the adoptive parents if they found out the child had been kidnapped, and the pain the child would go through depending on his or her understanding of the situation.

I don't think I would be able to live with myself if I knew information like that and didn't share it with my child. She deserves the truth.

Pam said...

I could only imagine the heartbreak they would be feeling and would quickly figure it out.

In our adoption it took me many years to find our daughter's birth family and we finally met them one month ago and are looking forward to another visit soon. Your blogs have really helped me! Thank you.

birthmothertalks said...

Wendy, I haven't finished reading the book yet but I love your answer and without giving too much out in case people want to read the book so far the Mom is doing the right thing and trying to find out if her son is indeed the child that was kidnapped.

Pam, I am so excited that you met your daughter's birthparents. I know you have mentioned wanting to do that several times. I am so happy for you all and I feel honored that my blogs have helped you.