Monday, January 9, 2012

Back to MELD

I am very happy that MELD gave everyone a much needed break from group. I started back tonight and it was such a great night compared to the last ten week session. There was six children to four volunteers. Two of the volunteers were a Mom and daughter team. There was this new lady and also we were told that another Mom and daughter was planning on coming back but weren't there. When I say Mom and daughter team i just mean two people that are Mom and daughter volunteering together.

We had two new children. One was a baby about 4 weeks old and one was a walker but under one or over a little bit. The Mom's all come in at once so we don't always catch their ages. We didn't have any screaming babies. Well, some babies cried but were calmed by bottles, binkies or being held.

I will be there volunteering every other week. It's the best that I can do with my 40 hour a week job plus my Sunday babysitting for a Church. I am secretly hoping that by summer time I can get rid of at least a few of my hours because I just feel like it's too much for me. I have two days a week where I leave at 9 30 am and not home until 11:00 or later.

No comments: