Wednesday, October 26, 2011

My husband and I were talking about my oldest sons request for a laptop for Christmas and how it's more than we can afford to spend. I mentioned that I have five children to buy gifts for. I say, I, cause my husband isn't into gift giving at holidays. He is more the kind of guy that just picks up something when he feels like it. Well, anyways, my husband said the only person that I have to buy for is my two sons. So, he is excluding Izzy and my step kids (his own kids) I am pretty sure he is saying this more cause the other three are grown compared to two being step children and one being a daughter that I have reunited with. For me it's not that simple. I don't know if I can ever let a Christmas go by without buying Izzy gifts cause gift giving was taken away from me so long ago. I think I get more pleasure in it than she does. The fact that I am her Mom doesn't come into play when it comes to gift giving. The only thing that I do have to consider is that she does have parents that I am sure buys her things and she is an adult and can make choices on how to spend her money. So, while it may not be even compared to dollars but my daughter is my daughter and she gets gifts. Again, probably more for me. I have so much fun. It will be my third Christmas since I had the option. As far as my step kids are concerned.... I love buying them a little something too. Especially if I think I can hit what I think they might like on the nose. Sometimes, I feel like my husband is cheap and would rather I not buy people gifts but oh well. Got to love him though.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I think it's nice that you like to get something for all of your children. I love this time of year...I'm already thinking ahead about Christmas, too!