Friday, September 23, 2011

Next weekend

In June, I blogged about a retreat offer for Mom's of special needs children. It's next weekend and I am going. I already paid for it and of course arranged for the time off from work. My hours at my job went from 20 to 40 this past month so it's even more of a treat to have some time off and relaxation and basically have a weekend that's about me.

You can read more about it here.

This is exciting but also scary for me. I probably won't know anyone. There could be a chance that some faces would seem familiar because we all ran our children to therapy's and often times seen the same parents coming and going. I am kind of hoping to make a new friendship or two. I really only have one good friend in town and having another one or two would be cool. Maybe, if I am lucky, I can find a buddy for my son who has his social issues.

My husband is taking this weekend with me being gone to go visit his Mom. Both of my sons will be with their Dad. I believe his daughter is going with him and at first I felt rejected cause why wait until we are not with him to go. But all in all it's the perfect chance for them to go see his Mom, her Grandma because if I was at home and working then I would have the car.

I plan on taking my phone and a borrow my sister's camera but I plan on to disconnect myself from the internet and the phones.

I am suppose to bring a book that and it would be exchanged with another Mom's book and something that I don't need anymore. I don't really know what I am bringing yet so I need to get working on it. I just don't want to bring just any book but rather it be one that I have read and enjoyed. However, the problem is that I get books from the library and don't buy them.

No comments: