Sunday, July 31, 2011


I was at my local pool that is ran by our park district. I was there all alone cause my kids were with their Dad. I really enjoy going on my own. Don't get me wrong, I love hanging out with them at the pool but my oldest has to play games and be physically rough so it's normal to come home with bruises.

This is the second time this summer that I went on my own when they were not with me. I noticed a lot of children with parents of different ethic backgrounds than themselves. Today, one Mom had four black children with her. I seen plenty of other examples of children with parents that looked like they were not born to them or maybe they had an husband or wife of another race. In some cases, if I wasn't near them, I wouldn't know if they were the Mom or Dad or babysitter of the children.


I have a couple reasons for writing this post and it's coming from the fact that I know parents that adopt children of another race tend to get a lot of questions coming from people they don't know. My thoughts on this and what I been seeing.


Any thoughts on why people ask these questions about race and why some people like me don't say a darn thing or than hello or smile at them because they are adorable children?


Thank you for using Picture and Video Messaging by U.S. Cellular. See www.uscellular.com for info.

No comments: