Friday, May 6, 2011

Mother's Day

I decided that at on Monday for MELD Mom's I am going to take them all a plant. Anyone want to donate to to help me with this last minute idea of mine. I been thinking about it and it's something that I can look forward to and will help me deal with some of my Mother's Day sadness that I feel during this time of the year.
I have an average of 7 Mom's that come in now. I think it would be nice to surprise them with a plant because even though they are young Mom's they still need to feel loved. If you can help that would be awesome and if you can't that's okay too.

I hope everyone has a great Mother's Day! I know it's not always a happy day for those that have suffered a loss of motherhood in some way or another. My sadness around Mother's Day is new. This is my second year with it. Maybe, it's because I don't have a relationship with my Mom or maybe because my loss of Motherhood to Izzy is more real now that we are in reunion.

I am going to try to make the best of it though. I actually am really lucky. I have my two sons. I have two step children and of course I know Izzy is alive and well. I also have a granddaughter who I love. Everyday she steals more of my heart. She is such a cute girl.

I am hoping for a cookout at a park and have a nice time with my family. What ever your plans are I hope the happiness can outweigh the sadness of the day.

No comments: