Wednesday, April 6, 2011

volunteers

My husband and I were talking about how I feel a little drained when it comes to watching the MELD kids. It feels as if they take me for granted now. I don't have an helper. I have a driver that sits there and will step in if need but mostly doesn't help me.

I want to play. I only had five children last week and one was sleeping and one kept screaming so her Momma came and got her. So, I only had three kids. A 3 year old, a 2 year old and a baby about six months old. It was pretty nice. I was able to tend to the baby and play with the little kids here and there. I even got them to play with the baby. Tickle tickle the baby I would say. Then, they would gently tickle the baby. I ended up with the daughter of the lady who runs the Mom's group. She had mentioned about having babysitting problems and I said bring her here. I had a feeling she didn't want to bring her daughter into the daycare. The daughter was a second grader so she was pretty good.

Well, anyways, my husband said that they don't appreciate you enough. They should have a soda waiting for the volunteer or a snack of some sort to show that they appreciate us. He said maybe he would email them and I said noooo don't get in the middle.

I do agree that they could do more to say Thank you. I don't think snacks would be a good idea because of the kids but a bottle of soda would do the trick. I think they should do more to keep the volunteers and talk to us more because after all we are doing free work. There is only a small amount of people willing to work for free. I do have to give them credit for the dinner they are having next month for volunteers. Also, they include us in the Christmas dinner. I think it would be nice to have the little reminders of thank you.

I blogged on my private blog about another concern of mine. So, if your a reader and your interested in it going read it.

No comments: