Saturday, March 19, 2011

One of my Dad's sister died a few days ago. Out of seven children, only three are still alive. He has lost two sisters and one brother within less than two years. This is pretty sad. I am not really close to the extended family but I do have many memories of times when my Dad's family was closer.

I can't help but feel sad because this is the same aunt that I have been bugging for two years to get pictures of my Grandma. I guess I never fully understood how sick she has been feeling. My little sister had talked about taking a trip to get them ourselves but now I would have to talk to a cousin that I haven't talk to since I was a teen.

On another note of what's been happening in my world is that I received a news letter from MELD and the featured Mom who got a job through MELDS work program in an insurance company is one of the Mom's who I babysit her son on Monday nights. I love hearing the stories but its cool when I read about the Mom's that I come in contact with.

Speaking of MELD though, I am on break and then I will be starting the 5TH ten week session. They don't even ask me if I will be back. They just assume that I will be back. Can I be honest? I am tired of it. I haven't had a steady person to be the other volunteer for two sessions. The driver sits in with the children and there is an average of 6 to 7 of them and he doesn't help unless he needs to. It was so much easier when I had the girls who had to volunteer for school. I feel like I want to quit but something within me won't let me do it. I have been the only consistent person that those children have been coming to see on Monday night. I can't let them down just because I am tired. I believe too much in MELD and want to continue to make a difference but I am tired. Oh well, I have to be part of the solution to young parents making it in this world. Who am I to complain about about a couple hours of my time per week.

No comments: