Friday, March 11, 2011

I never thought I would come to the day where I just don't have a lot to blog about when it comes to adoption. I have come a long way since I started blogging and formed relationships with other people that have been touched by adoption on one way or another.
I have made contact with my daughter and met her. She is beautiful. I have seen her three times and each time I am just amazed that she is mine but yet not mine. I don't have as much communication with her that I would like but I try to give her space.
I need to work on her scrapbook and finish it and give it to her, but something is holding me back. I haven't been feeling creative. Also, no words can describe some of the moments that I want to document for her in the book. Maybe, it's the finalization of completing the book or the letting go of the book that scares me the most. Maybe, I am afraid she won't treasure the book as much as I do.

I don't know why I felt the need to blog about all this but mostly I just don't have anything to say about adoption anymore. I think I have came as close as I can get to healing from adoption loss.

1 comment:

Campbell said...

I think you're wise in considering the possibility that that the book may mean more to you at this time. There is nothing wrong with waiting until you feel a little more confident that she'll understand how important it is to you. I think it's lovely and I'm sure she will too.