Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I was talking to my friend and somehow we ended up on the subject of breastfeeding.

She mentioned something about drying up and I said something about how long it took for her to dry up. I told her how when I had Izzy how I was given a pill to dry up the milk supply.

When I had my sons and choose not to breastfeed how they didn't give pills anymore for that anymore. She had never heard of getting a pill for it.

Any other birthmother's remember getting a pill to dry up your supply?

3 comments:

Jeannette said...

18 years ago in California I did not receive any pills to dry up my milk. My daughter who also surrendered her son almost 4 months ago did not receive any pill to dry up her milk.

Kitty said...

I didnt recieve any pills for either of my children, both of which I chose not to breastfeed. However, and this may be too much information, my milk got stuck when I had my second and was EXTREMELY painful. You dont want to know how that problem is fixed... :( I wish there was a pill!

Jill said...

Yes, I received pills. 21 years ago in Wisconsin.