Monday, August 30, 2010

I love Facebook. I don't know if I ever blogged about how when I went back to high school, I had an crisis counselor looking after me. He would check up on me from time to time and really was a support system to me. I have never forgotten what he did for me. He went beyond his job. He set up for a counselor to come see me at school, because my Mom had failed to do anything about seeing that I had help. Maybe I am a geek but I liked the attention that I was getting. In a small way, it was annoying because I felt like I was being watched but I really think he played a part in me making it through that first year. Guess what? I found him on Facebook. I think of him more often around the time of Izzy's birthday..

In his list of friends, was the name of the teacher that home schooled me. Her name was Liz. She helped me with my school work for six weeks. She also paid attention to me. My locker was right across the hall from her room. The day after I learned that my daughter's family had moved, my cousins girlfriend started to yell at me and she had to break us apart. I normally wouldn't have stood up, but I had had enough and she started something on the wrong day. I got to talk to Liz and they let me sit in with her classes for a few hours. I will never forget what they did for me. Maybe now I can tell them how much they meant to me. Wow!!! I am excited!!

No comments: