Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Dear Izzy

It's almost your birthday. You are going to be 19 years old. I am sure you already knew that though. I have never went a day without thinking of you. Your birthday is no exception. I always have taken it off. I feel like it's a special day and yet a hard day. I really don't like to add the stress of work. It's so amazing that for this birthday your more than just an image I had in my head. You are more than a memory of baby that never grew up.
I have had the pleasure of learning some things about you. We have a lot in common and also have our differences. I think we look quite a bit alike. It's weird looking at a picture and seeing how beautiful you are. Does that make me conceded? lol I have really enjoyed seeing your pictures and learning more about your life. It was always so hard not to know that you were safe and loved. From what I can tell you are a very responsible girl. You graduated from high school and work. You have opened up your heart and life to me and my children. I hope someday we all can meet. That is when you are ready.
As I was saying, your birthday is coming up. I can't believe that I can actually celebrate it with you. Even if that's just an electronic message. It wasn't easy making the decision to contact you. It's not all about me. I hope it's been a good thing for you. I never stopped loving you. You beautiful. Your sweet. I am proud to have you as a daughter. Even if it's not as the same as raising you. I have never once thought been sad that you were born. I was sad that you didn't were not in my life. I don't expect you to share the same feelings. You can be happy in who you are. Love always,

4 comments:

Kelsey Stewart, Author said...

What beautiful sentiments. Thank you for sharing these thoughts. And I too have always taken the day off. The birthday is a very special day.

Sally Bacchetta said...

I read your comment on my blog. If you want to participate in my interview series please send me your email address via my email at info@theadoptiveparent.com. I'd be happy to interview you and post the interview sometime in the next few weeks.

Alex said...

I always think about my bio parents on my birthday and wonder if they're thinking of me. I can't imagine how they must feel, but hope they feel comfort and peace along with any sadness or loss.

Happy Birthday Izzy!!

Campbell said...

This is a lovely letter and I tried to read it as if it were written to me.

I especially like this, "I don't expect you to share the same feelings. You can be happy in who you are."