Sunday, June 20, 2010

Today, I went to church and seen Pastor K's wife there. I don't think she attends there regularly because her husband doesn't work there anymore. But that is besides the point.

I went to marriage counseling and had some counseling on my own with Pastor K and his wife. He basically said that I have some abandonment issues and a lot of adoption related stuff. Counseling through them was good but at times it was a quick fix. What I did come out of it was a start at having someone who I could talk to about my daughter. They were one of the first that I shared with when I made contact. It made sense to tell them first. They were the first people, in real life admit that what my Mom did was wrong.

It was nice to see her again. However, I think people who reach out to people in need should be committed to being there if they need you. Or, responding if they write you to say how great you are doing. A while back, I wrote her about my husband making it to one year and she didn't write back. It kind of bothered me. She acted like she really cared for me. I kind of just decided to blow it off and remember to focus on the relationships that I do have. But seeing her reminded me of how far I have come and even though I was tempted to leave without saying hello and talking, I just couldn't do it.

So, we exchanged out hellos and how are you? She came up right up front and said how sorry she was for not writing back. She said that she meant to write back but just has been really busy.

I guess what bugs me though is that I wrote her and questioned my faith in God or had something to praise about God that she would have been right there. But since I just wrote how good we were and didn't give the credit to God, the email went unanswered. I guess my thoughts are if you believe someone has abandonment issues from their parents.... shouldn't you try to not make them feel it all over again.

I am still glad that I seen her. She said that I look so less stressed. I feel less stressed. I hope everyone is having a great Father's Day!

No comments: