Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Why do you blog?

Life at Tracey speed asked this question and I thought it would be fun to answer the questions.

Why do you blog?

I first started what I call my normal blog here. I thought it would be cool to write about my day to say life and also a great way to save pictures on a website in case of a computer crash. I don't normally try to get traffic there, but go ahead and look. If you do you will see my big puppy dog. I know you wanna.

Then, I started blogging about my thoughts and feelings as a birthmother. Why did I blog? I was living a life which I thought of as a lie. Not very many people knew of my birthmother status and the ones in my family that did know didn't talk about it or even let on that they knew. So, it was a way for me to journal my thoughts and feelings as I struggled with what I thought of as pain very close to the beginning years. A lot of feelings and loss came back so strong.

Have you gotten what you wanted from blogging?

I have gotten what I wanted and then some. Blogging has been a life changing experience for me. Not only did it give me an outlet to speak freely about my loss and sadness but it gave me an connection to other birthmoms. It also gave me connections to women who were trying to build a family through adoption. I feel that they have helped change my views on adoptive parents. I no longer think of them all in a bad light. It has even helped me with some of my anger towards Izzy's parents. Blogging from my perspective in a closed adoption, not by my choice, has helped some adoptive couples feel different about wanting a closed adoption. I have been told that I make a difference. So, yes, I have gotten what I want from blogging.

1 comment:

Laura and Walter said...

thanks for blogging. I have appreciated reading your posts and your perspective. I started blogging mostly to journal my feelings and to keep our family and friends updated on our life and journey. But I have found great hope, strength, and information from fellow bloggers in respect to adoption and birthmothers. Thanks for being here.