Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Yesterday, I got a call from the person in charge at Meld. Next Monday, I start volunteering for them. They will in a class for an hour and half and I will be providing child care, along with another person, I believe. I plan on attending the first one alone and then will try to bring my ten year old son. I think it will be a great thing for us to do together. He will have some much fun playing that he won't even know that he is working. At first, it was only going to be for an hour, but the changed the dinner to just a snack during the meeting. I said, "So, I get more of a baby fix?" I am excited.

I only signed up for ten weeks. I am going to give myself time to see how I handle it. It might be hard, because I will be seeing young parents making parenthood work with help and it will be a reminder of the support that I never got, but I am hoping that I can turn it around and feel good about being part of something so special.

Off the subject, on adoption and babies. Where are my readers located? I am in IL.

3 comments:

Leah said...

I'm in MN. :-D

Your volunteer opportunity sounds great! :-D

Tammy said...

Not too far away from you - in Wisconsin!

Cathy said...

Chicago!