Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Meld

I had my meeting with the person from Meld. It's mostly for Mom's and their children. They provide housing and their basic needs. They get a lot of funding from the government, churches and local people donating funds and items. They provide them with so much more than a place to stay and items.
I wish I was able to go to a place like this with my daughter. I would have gladly walk away from my parents to get a chance to raise my daughter. but I can't do nothing about that.
If all goes as planned, I will be babysitting the young Mom's kids while they are in classes. They run 10 week classes and then break for two. They are just finishing up a class so it will be a while before I can start. It's only an hour on Monday, but I am excited to help this program. I committed to a ten week course and then will see if it's something that I wish to continue. I hope I can handle being around the babies without feeling the loss of mine.
I had to call my work and let them know that they have my permission to pass along the information that I was background checked a few years ago. Well, to my surprise I was recently background checked again. So, all should be well on the legal end of it. I can't blame them for being careful though. We are talking sweet innocent children.