Monday, August 10, 2009

Dear Izzy

My very first job was at McDonald's. It was all fun and games until I had my first son. I remember the reason that I wanted to work before I finished high school was, because I was tired of babysitting my brother and sister. I was very good at saving money. I loved seeing my bank account grow. I didn't spend much, but when I moved out, I soon learned how fast my bank account went away.
My current job is a caregiver. I have been working as one for almost three years. I provide in-home care for the elderly. I made the best income providing live- in care for a very old couple. They were 96 years when I first met them and now they are 98 years old. We are no longer allowed to provide live-in care, because of their high needs. It's no longer safe for us to sleep while they sleep. Sandy just spent a week in the hospital over a infection and some blood pressure issues. Then, she was moved to a rehab center to get stronger. It doesn't look like my clients will be staying in their own home. My hours are down now and I have to start figuring what my next step is going to be. I am not sure if I can make it on the income I can bring in now. I am not sure I can be happy with myself if I don't have a rewarding job. I know life isn't all about money so I don't know to either trust my company or go running for another job.
I wonder do you work part time? I think working gives teenagers a better understanding how to work for money and then how fast it goes away.
I hope your safe and sound in your bed dreaming sweet dreams. I love you very much!

No comments: