Friday, July 10, 2009

There are still nice people out there

For quite a while, my husband and I have been having a hard time with having enough money to make the bills and just enjoy the extra things in life. Since, my husband quit drinking and is working more, we are on our way back up. We are no where out of the danger zone of worrying, but we are improving. We have gave up a lot of stuff. We quit paying for internet. (We were borrowing it from a neighbor) We had the cable tv shut off. We quit doing out to dinner. We just been going without a lot of stuff. Sometimes I just get flat tired of feeling poor. Now we can't even get online at home.
Well, what I am getting at just was something amazing. I tend to talk about my scrap book to my co workers. One knew of Izzy and the other one didn't. So less than a week ago, I just told the truth behind the scrap book. I feel better knowing that when I talk I don't have to pretend it's anything less that what it is. I was telling her how my husband broke our camera on accident and that my son gave me one that needs a memory card and batteries that can be charged. She knows how broke we are,because we tend to talk.
This morning, she walks in with a digital camera. She said that it held too many memories for her and she didn't want it anymore. That she and her fiance would pick up a memory card for me. She said, "Now you can get back to your scrap book. You deserve it" I almost cried. It wasn't so much the camera, but she really thought about what the camera meant to me. I can't quite explain it, but just the fact that she acknowledged my daughter and wanted to help me makes me feel so good.
Also, I applied for a company that my step daughter works for and they called me and left a message. I might be changing jobs. It's not something I really want to do. I feel like I wish I could stay with my clients until they die, but I can't risk being out of a paycheck and I am missing out on so much working the 24 hour shifts. I am gone 72 hours a week and I make the same as if it was a 40-42 hour job.

4 comments:

Bri said...

How sweet!! Sometimes it is the smallest gestures that mean the most (not that a camera is small... but you know what I mean).

Congrats on the job "nibble." Hopefully it is something that feels right and it works out.

Here's to less worries about finances and more fun and relaxation!!

RB said...

What a wonderful friend you have! I agree with BB... it's the small gestures that mean the most.

I've got my fingers crossed for you that this prospective job works out. You deserve to have more time off.

Jenn said...

sounds like a little angel was sent your way!

kalibug said...

Aw, how sweet!